Each day, ads from good brands are being featured on terrible sites. This is because most ad inventory in exchange environments has not been well-vetted. This vetting problem is damaging brand equity and also eroding the value of campaign creative. At Trust Metrics, we analyze tens of thousands of Web sites everyday for their value as potential advertising environments. Each week, we’re going to share some of what we’re seeing.
In this first presentation, we’re flagging ten sites we’ve rated as poor environments for advertising. All these sites are places that were previously on “good” or “quality” “safe” or “approved” lists at other organizations.
Ten Brands with Problems:
- Cheez-it and Walt Disney World ads appear next to a humping unicorn and strapped on dynamite tattoos.
- Bergdorf Goodman and Judith Leiber ads appear on a Facebook banners site.
- The State of Texas banner ad appears on a MySpace backgrounds page.
- Citibank Mortgages ad appears on a Twilight fan site.
- Y Lighting ad appears on Tattoo Valley site.
- BMW ad appears on a non-English fan site.
- Westin Hotels & Resorts banner ad and Kumon ad appear on JD Nozzle site.
- American Express ad appears on CorruptionX site.